This course examines the difficulties, challenges and problems facing today’s Deepwater Drilling / Testing / Completion Programme Managers where wells are being drilled in increasingly difficult downhole and environmental conditions with ever increasing cost and legislation further contributing to design and operational pressures.
Furthermore, today’s current low oil price environment adds further pressure to ensure that Deepwater wells are drilled, tested and completed on time and on budget.
Through offering potential and proven solutions to the problems facing today’s deepwater personnel, delegates will be able to maximise drilling safety, efficiency and hydrocarbon production whilst, at the same time, minimising cost and risk on these highly expensive and potentially very difficult wells.
Case histories referencing both successes and failures are referred to throughout the course to maximise the learning / experience transfer process and delegates will have the opportunity to both critique and examine recent deepwater well failures and successes drilled in different parts of the world.
Duration: 5 Days
This course covers the following topics:-
- Industry Definitions of Deepwater & Ultra-Deepwater
- The Commonest Reasons why Deepwater wells over-run in terms of cost and why they may fail to reach their objectives
- Management Issues Prior to Drilling
- Operators Objectives
- Relevant Applicability of the Operator’s Systems to Deepwater Operations
- Management Structure / Organisation
- Contracting Strategy
- Risk Analysis
- Emergency Scenarios & Solutions
- The Drilling / Testing / Completion Programme
- DWOP / TWOP / CWOP
- Equipment Certification & Testing
- Bridging Documentation
- Technical Limit
- Teamwork & Communication
- Management Issues whilst Drilling
- Deepwater Drilling Supervisors / Superintendents / Managers
Thank you for showing interest in our courses!
Currently, this course is not available for online registration. Please fill up your contact details and we will inform you when the course is available for registration.