Today’s low oil prices mean that both planning and operations have to be first class if tight budgets are to be met and NPT is to be eliminated.
Perhaps the biggest impacts on time and cost are the drill bit and the BHA’s design, since maximum ROP and not tripping to change BHA’s are of vital importance. In effect, the longer the bit is on bottom drilling as fast as it can the better the cost saving (providing the hole is being kept clean).
This course focuses upon how to choose the correct drill bit and nozzles with respect to the geology to be drilled so that performance is maximised and the risk of failure is minimized.
Having chosen the correct drill bit and hydraulics, we then study BHA Design, looking at what we are required to do to reach the target in terms of inclination and azimuth.
Presentation material is through the use of PowerPoints, Videos, Digital Film, Manuals & Handouts.
Duration: 5 Days
Skill Level: Intermediate
This course covers the following topics:-
- Drill Bits – Types & Selection
- Roller Cone / Rock Bits
- Fixed Cutter Bits
- Specialist Bits
- Bit Nozzle Sizing & Hydraulics
- Drillstring Standards
- Drillstring Care & Inspection
- API 5 DP, API Spec 7-1, API Spec 7-2
- Drillpipe Body & Connections (API, Double Shouldered Connections etc.)
- Buckling, Tension, Torsion
- Drillstring Dynamics & Preventing Failures
- Directional BHA Design – Rotary, Motor, Turbine, Rotary Steerable
- Drilling Engineers / Senior Drilling Engineers / Supervisors / Superintendents
- Derrick-men / Assistant Drillers / Drillers / Toolpushers
- Service Company Personnel