With Operators, Drilling Contractors & Service Companies drilling more complex & demanding wells and will the oil price at “historic” lows, Optimised Drilling Practices have never been more important than they are today if Maximum Safety, Maximum Efficiency, Maximum Oil & Gas Production & Maximum Profitability is to be realised.
This 5-day course has been designed for Operators, Drilling Contractors & Service Company personnel who are engaged in the drilling of challenging wells where cost-effectiveness, safety, efficiency cost & hydrocarbon production optimization is paramount.
Based upon both API Recommended Practices & IADC Best Practices, the course has been written to suit a wide variety of drilling personnel who all have the one common drilling goal in mind: that of “Drilling Practices Optimisation” (which covers a multitude of disciplines which rig personnel & engineers become involved with).
To maximise learning, a wide range of examples are also presented with delegates working through certain situations, as teams, to identify and solve Drilling Practices problems. Presentation material is through the use of Manuals, PowerPoints, Case Histories, videos and digital film.
Duration: 5 Days
Skill Level: Intermediate
This course covers the following topics:
- The Role of Drilling Practices (Maximum Safety, Maximum Efficiency, Maximum Oil & Gas Production & Maximum Profitability);
- Sandstone & Limestone Reservoir Description;
- Drill Bit Selection;
- Optimised Drilling;
- Drill String Design;
- Drill String Standards (API & IADC);
- Drilling Operations (Key Considerations per IADC) – Shallow Gas, Lost Circulation, Hydrates, Pressure Profiling, Stuck Pipe;
- Best Drilling Practices;
- Drilling Fluids; Solids Control; Hole Cleaning;
- Directional Drilling;
- Running Casing & Tubing;
- Well Logging;
- Well Abandonment;
- Useful Formulae & Conversion Factors
- Drilling Contractor Personnel: Assistant Drillers, Drillers, Toolpushers
- Drilling Engineers / Senior Drilling Engineers, Supervisors & Superintendents
- Service Company Personnel
Prerequisite: General knowledge / experience of drilling operations & well planning.