Stuck Pipe Prevention – With oil at such low prices, you cannot afford to get stuck on today’s wells, otherwise the budget is easy blown not just through having to fish but in many cases having to side-track, causing the well’s cost to over-run by $millions, especially on very expensive (e.g. HPHT, Deepwater & ERD wells).
This course has been written for Operators, Drilling Contractors and Service personnel who require an in-depth detailed understanding of the causes of stuck pipe (which includes drill pipe, BHA’s, casing, liners and logging tools) and how sticking can be prevented.
As compared with other “more standard” Stuck Pipe Prevention courses, we spend more time studying the latest advances in downhole rock mechanics forces (including wellbore stability / instability with respect to mud weight, mud chemistry, hole angle and azimuth), the importance of optimised drilling fluids design, BHA design, optimised well design, optimised drilling practices, jar placement, jar calculations & jar firing, why problems magnify on high angle / ERD / horizontal wells and the importance of effective teamwork & communication. This course also shows the latest industry videos to further help delegates’ understanding of stuck pipe prevention.
For the “practical session” of the course, we work through a number of advanced-level stuck pipe case histories (which were all preventable) to cement the delegates learning and understanding.
Fishing – With oil at such low prices, you cannot afford not catch the fish first time if you have a fish in the hole. The cost of fishing on today’s wells can be extremely expensive, especially if the rig’s day-rate is high (e.g. latest generation for HPHT, Deepwater, ERD wells). The last thing anybody needs in the current era of low oil prices is not to be able to catch the fish and to have to side-track.
This course has been written for Operators, Drilling Contractors and Service personnel who require an in-depth detailed understanding of how to catch the fish first time, thereby preventing side-tracking.
As compared with other “more standard” fishing courses, we spend more time studying the latest advances in downhole fishing techniques and stuck point determination, along with methodologies to ensure fishing success first time. This course also shows the latest industry videos to further help delegates’ understanding of the latest fishing tools, techniques, practices and procedures.
For the “practical session” of the course, we work through a number of fishing case histories (which were all successful) to cement the delegates learning & understanding.
|08 Jan 18 to 12 Jan 18||5 Days||Aberdeen, Scotland||USD 4000|
|26 Mar 18 to 30 Mar 18||5 Days||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia||USD 4000|
|18 Feb 18 to 22 Feb 18||5 Days||Abu Dhabi, UAE||USD 4000|
|24 Jun 18 to 28 Jun 18||5 Days||Dubai, UAE||USD 4000|
|20 Aug 18 to 24 Aug 18||5 Days||Singapore||USD 4000|
|08 Oct 18 to 12 Oct 18||5 Days||Aberdeen, Scotland||USD 4000|
This course covers the following topics:
- Overview – Statistics – Cost of Incidents
- Hole Pack-Off & Bridging
- Differential Sticking
- Formation & Wellbore Geometry Sticking
- Hole Cleaning & The Use of Industry Charts
- Tools, Equipment & Systems to Prevent Sticking
- Operational Optimisation / Best Practices
- First & Preventative Actions
- Decision Analysis – Warning Signs Flow Charts
- Determining Downhole Conditions
- Determining Where the String is Stuck (Calculation Method, Free-Point Indicators – Strain Gauge & Magnetic)
- Upper String Recovery: Back-Off / Chemical Cutting / Plasma Cutting
- Determining the Condition of the top of the fish
- Lower String (Fish) Recovery: Cleaning the top of the fish, washing over operations
- Catching the Fish
- Retrieving the Fish
- Lost Side-Wall Sample Bullets
- Freeing Stuck Logging Tools & Stuck Wireline
- Packer Fishing
- Stuck Casing
- Casing Milling Guidelines
- Milling – General
- Fishing Assemblies
- Minimum Inventory
- Drilling Engineers / Senior Drilling Engineers, Supervisors & Superintendents
- Drilling Contractor Personnel: Assistant Drillers, Drillers, Toolpushers
- Service Company Personnel
- Group / Teamwork Exercises
- Operators, Drilling Contractors and Service personnels